JJ Curran recognized as Part of the essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce
The safety and well-being of our customers and employees is always our top priority. Our employees have been educated on proper health, hygiene, and PPE best practices. They are also educated in proper distancing and isolation recommendations specified by the CDC. We have reduced the number of personnel in our facilities to meet the CDC guidelines.
We are complying with all recommendations of the CDC, working in accordance of the Wayne County Public Health Order for Essential Businesses, and the various heightened safety guidelines of the customers and job sites where we perform work during the COVID-19 crisis.
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has developed guidance on the “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce” and has recognized workers supporting energy, transportation, public works and infrastructure, chemical, and communications industries as essential. Due to JJ Curran’s work in these industries, our operations remain open and active during the COVID-19 crisis. Contact us for your next job.
JJ Curran Worksafe guidelines
The Health and Safety of our workers and work environment is a top priority for JJ Curran. Given the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) across the United states and the state of Michigan, JJ Curran is making the following operational changes to help minimize potential risk associated with the virus and to ensure the safety of all our employees moving forward. JJ Curran will frequently monitor and follow directions from the CDC and Local, State and Federal agencies.
We are considered low risk by the CDC, however we will continue to practice safe and healthy behavior. The Dispatcher has been designated as the JJ Curran site Supervisor for COVID-19 Safe Work Procedure implementation.
If you answer YES to any of the following questions. DO NOT show up at customer site or JJC Curran crane yard. Contact the dispatch office and follow the JJ Curran Response Plan. All employees that arrive at the JJ Curran Crane yard will be required to go through pre-work screening.
- Have you experienced a fever of 100.4 or above in the past 14 days?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of breath
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Do you have any sick family members?
- Do you care for anyone who is sick?
- Have you visited anyone with a positive Covid-19 test result?
Do not wear work clothes multiple days without washing/sanitizing between use.
Upon arriving at the crane yard or job site:
- See the Dispatcher for your COVID-19 PPE kit
- Social distancing will always be practiced. At least 6 feet between employees/customers and no groups larger than 2 people.
- PPE should be worn when possible this includes gloves, safety glasses, and a mask.
- Masks must be worn if you are not consistently following the social distancing rules.
- All occupied areas of any equipment shall be wiped down with disinfectant (supplied) prior to starting daily inspection. This would include any rigging or safety items such as fall arrest system. Nitrile non-latex gloves should be worn during disinfectant activities. Discard used gloved in a trash receptacle.
- Wash or disinfect hands after disinfecting equipment per CDC guidelines at desginated handwashing stations.
- Always avoid touching your face
- Use disinfectant to clean your tablet daily
- Follow all directions from dispatch as to how many people are allowed in the dispatch office at one time. Currently limited to 1 operator at a time.
- Bring your own pen in the case you need to sign any documents
- Finish all other activities that are part of the normal daily procedure to leaving the yard
- Check list
- Gather rigging
Upon arriving at job site and performing lift activities:
- Continue with all established activities, i.e. site safety, pre-lift meeting
- All job site safety meetings should include discussions on COVID-19 transmission and prevention guidelines
- Continue to practice social distancing no closer than 6 feet between all people on job site
- Wash or disinfect hands often following the CDC guidelines
- Use caution tape between outriggers to avoid unwanted people from approaching your crane
- Attach social distancing sign to caution tape or crane in visible area
- If someone violates the caution tape safe zone you are authorized to contact the job site safety coordinator and stop all operations until this is remedied
Upon Returning to the yard:
- Once all check lists are complete, disinfect all occupied spaces of assigned equipment with supplied disinfectant while wearing PPE
- Dispose of PPE in approved trash receptacles
- Wash hands following the CDC guidelines at designated handwashing stations
- Retain all supplied PPE items for future jobs
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Wayne County Public Health Order for Essential Businesses
- Wayne County COVID-19 Information
- CISA – Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce
Previous email communications: